
As usual, I have too many projects going. Let's see, there's the day job, which is picking up a bit after a lull -- and needs my attention before a deadline tomorrow. There's the Greenwood Townhouse project, which could be our home someday, and is moving along slowly in the design phase. I've migrated the design tools (mostly AutoCad) to an instance of XP in a virtual PC on my main Vista machine. I'm continuing to maintain the 4 or 5 PCs in the house, with the laptop at the "stereo" cabinet in the family room, where we dance, and the PC that quit behaving after last month's Microsoft Tuesday Patch Day. There's the 1459 pieces of Tango music that is continually updated and the occasional tanda playlist to build. There's the Circe Snow clothing line to get moving. There's the support for blog entries for family (how do I scan this? Where that photo). There's taxes and business records to attend to. Oh, yes, 1099s to file. I think those were supposed to be in by Jan 30. oops. There's a financial management job I took on without realizing where the balance between research and family politics really lies. There's the really major project of selecting the right wines for the wedding in June. The hot tub has been sitting unused for nearly a year now, with us in desperate need of a soak, and my repair still pending. The access to the loft in the studio is still non-existant, waiting for me to replace the dangerous stepladder. I really want to finish the controls on the hydronic heating system in the studio. It's still being controlled based on only room temp. This causes significant swings in temperature of the wood floor. I have most of the pieces in place to control room temp with more constant floor temp, using a predictive algorithm, recognizing the time constant of the building, using outdoor temp and solar gain as influences. I just need to implement. My "life style changes" include running every day. More time away from projects, but better focus when working. And then there's Tango. It's hard to call Tango a project. But it is a major focus of my energy. It's not just the dancing. It's . . . I don't know what to call it. Anyway, did I say too many projects? I wouldn't have it any other way.
1 comment:
Thank you for taking time out of your projects to dance with me this weekend. You're a lovely dancer and I'm glad you're making time in your life for tango, too!
Post a Comment