Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The purpose of this post is mostly to work out how to embed video. This only uses Windows Media Player. It seemed the easy place to start. It seems to use way too much bandwidth for the quality that results. I'll work on a more general solution that is more efficient some other time.

This is from Yira Yira on 14 November, 2007









Ah, the culture of music and dance. Today it seems so remote from my daily routine. I don't know why. It doesn't have to be.

3 comments:

RealityPivots said...

Hi Alan,
You are tagged: see my post:
http://realitypivots.com/wordpress/?p=236&preview=true

I spent a part of the holiday season figuring out how to let people download video from my web site.
Cheers.
David

RealityPivots said...

Hi Alan,
It was a pleasure to meet you yesterday although my attention was seriously divided.
Here's the way I made a tango video available to the participants of our Christmas night practica:
ftp://tango+realitypivots.com@realitypivots.com
password: 237elmira
It's a method made possible by the FTP Accounts program on my CPanel. The password is independent of other passwords.
My friends reported that the download was very slow.
Hasta la vista.

Alan said...

Thanks David. Yes, I'm glad we got to talk. I do want to plan a trip to PT to meet the group there. I was a bit distracted last night as well.

Please send me an email at random@peercontrols.com so we can continue the conversation.

-- Alan