5 March 2008
In the Atlanta airport waiting for the flight home, I’m reflecting on the time here. Mother had quite shallow breathing when I said goodbye last night. The roller coaster continues. I’ve done all I can. With my brother looking after the house, I’m looking after the finances – long distance. Together we will see that the bills are paid, at least in the short term. We’ve decided to leave her house just as it is for now. There’s still a chance she will move back there, even for a brief transitional stay.
It’s challenging time. There is confusion, with the uncertainty and potential changes. There is the inevitable reminder of our immortality. As I went through Mother’s files, looking for how to keep things going, get things changed, I had to reflect on the challenge my files would present my kids if they had to figure things out. Wow! It would be challenging. I’ll have to clean up with that in mind – someday.
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment